Friday, March 30, 2012

My Day Today - Your Health And Tech Friend

When you have a teenage daughter sometimes the household has to become vegetarians; ours is now a 'certified organic' household. At this moment I'm ok with that.  Our grocery shopping is good for a couple of days.  I'm also the 'sandwich generation' in between older parents and a younger child.  A moment ago I was comforting our dog, she is a mixed breed known as a 'gollie' - part golden retreiver, part collie.  She is afraid; terrified of storms and the rain is coming down and it's been lightening a little; she was trembling from head to tail, so I was holding her and comfortably petting her to help her to calm down.  I'm home, which isn't usual these days - I/we go to my parents home several days a week and it isn't an easy life.  I'm already aware of the benefits it has, in that I won't/don't feel guilty, but it sure isn't an easy way to go.  The biggest part is that it's hard to accept the house being layers upon layers of dust; the clothing piled up to about 4 feet tall and 6 feet wide of a pile.  The kitchen floor hasn't been mopped fully, except for spills, in a couple of months.  When I look at it on paper I see clearly what people have said; 'if it doesn't breathe, it doesnn't matter.'  I have a terrific husband who isn't a person to criticize even if there is no dinner, and their hasn't been for quite awhile, not on a regular basis  Thank goodness he is good with a bowl of cereal now and then!  We have pretty traditional roles in our home.  Even if that was something I fought against in high school years.  I was a woman who would never be controlled by a man.  I can't be controlled, that won't happen, but I do enjoy being the 'wife' with the roles it comes with.  Even if I'm not always happy about the work.

Today I'm at home and I'm happy about that.  I'm crochetting a baby blanket for a niece who will be having a baby soon.  Her shower is in about one week and it is almost done.  I have the yarn purchased for another baby that is already here; a friend of my daughter's, mom, had her - get this, 6th baby! Wow, now that's an old fashioned family, huh?

We won't be seeing them for a few weeks, or two months, so that blanket will be next.  It's relaxing to crochette but seems a little selfish to me, taking out the time to do it.  But it does save on money for a baby gift and the 'home made' blanket thing is a valuable gift these days... so that gives me 'reason' to accept taking out the time to do it.
 
Women today still have guilt I know, just being a mom creates reason or situations for guilt.  Much has changed for women in the world, but some things haven't.  I have a small amount of guilt.  I try and work what i call, a spiritual program... so that gives me 'tools' to work with in my life.  Like turning things over to God; accepting things that I cannot change; trying the regular tools of thinking, like the common sense stuff that says that I can't do it all.  Another great thing can be just a saying that came to me lately, "I can only please 3 persons today and you're not one of them."  Or, try and please everyone and no one is pleased - please yourself and at least someone is pleased. 
Well, that is where I am today.  Bye for now....
Connyhttp://www.yourhealthandtechfriend.com/my_day_today.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment