Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Aspertame And The Brain

Sometimes I feel sad when I think about how different things are today, from when I was growing up. In tenth grade I first tried the cola named 'Tab' - ohhh, that was awful tasting stuff. But, because it 'had no sugar' I tried very hard to like it. At home my mom used saccharine: oh! Talk about a very bad taste. I tried it straight out of the bottle: little drops would come out of it. Clear, liquid in about a 5 oz bottle. I'm not certain when but eventually Pepsi came out with Diet Pepsi, and that was pretty good. Then Coke: not certain which came first. I do remember getting Diet Pepsi in a bottle. That was a taste that was a little easier to get used to. Soon, boy that was all that I drank. Diet colas; mostly I preferred the pepsi. Coke was sweeter than I liked. By 1989/90 I was drinking about one or two 2-liter bottles a day. This has not been an easy habit for me to break. But, over a few months time within this last year, after some constant reminders from my daughter, I am now diet cola free. And I'm not missing it finally. I did miss it for awhile; I'd have one every week, maybe two; I sort of weaned my way off of them. But I'm free of it, and I can say that my memory is more sharp. I can actually go to the local grocery store without a list; and my recall on everything is very good. It was not very good in the past. I constantly had to ask myself "what was I looking for" - "what did I come here for." Not any more! Your Health And Tech Friend P.S. It is my recommendation that we do not drink beverages with aspertame, and other artificial sweeteners; or consume other products with the artificial stuff in it. Would we run our cars on artificial gas? How long would they run properly. Just a thought. P.P.S. Check out the side effects of truvia...

No comments:

Post a Comment